torsdag 17. mars 2011

Operation UFO






Back in November last year I made the desicion not to start any new major projects until I had finished all my UFOs. The first UFO I started on was one that has been weighing heavy on my heart. It was an Kaffe Fassett tablecloth I started on in September 2009 when I was lucky enough to attend a work-shop with Kaffe Fassett and his partner Brandon Mably. Both Kaffe and Brandon was so nice and easliy approachable and the work-shop was such a learning process for me. I decided to make the project I started on at the work-shop into a tablecloth because of the sheer size of it. It's 166cm/65" x 250cm/98" and I have just table for it. It will look great with my white and silver china and sterling silver cutlery.

My second UFO is also a Kaffe Fassett project and this too I decided to make into a table cloth. The pattern is "Delft Basket" the size on this project is 155cm/61" x 155cm/61" I spinned the "baskets" around instead of placing them as constructed in the pattern. I used blue and white fabric only on this project. It will look great on my terrace in the summer.

I'm already working on UFO # 3. It's a comforter, no pictures yet

2 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful-love the sunflowers!

    SvarSlett
  2. thank you Annie. It was a lot of work but it paid up in the end

    SvarSlett