søndag 23. mai 2010

MY PARENTS


Yesterday my dad turned 75 years old, my mom turned 75 last December. It's strange and also worrying to see my parents grow older. Luckily they both are in good health. They still go reindeer hunting every fall. We can still call my dad doc, but he is not anymore. A very strange rule in Norway takes your medical licence away when you turn 75. My parents have been married since 1957 and together since around 1950. They both retired when they were 67 years old, my mom worked as my dad's secretary in his private practice for 23 years, but her education is as an chemical engineer, a degree my dad has too. They have been the best parents anyone can have for my brother sister and I and we are very fortunate to have them in our lives. They are super helpful and will do anything for their children and grandchildren

1 kommentar:

  1. That's pretty neat that they can go reindeer hunting! I'm fortunate too that my parents are in good health.

    SvarSlett